What is credit repair?
It is the process of disputing inaccurate information on your credit report with the major credit reporting agencies.
Do I need credit repair?
Credit Repair is used to fix errors in your credit report like:
Identity Theft: When someone steals your social security number and applies for credit in your name, new credit items will appear on your credit report. You can use credit repair to dispute those items and determine the extent of the identity theft.
Mixed File Issues: If someone else's credit information is on your credit report, it sometimes needs to be corrected (this happens a lot to people with similar names and social security numbers.)
Credit Reporting Errors:
- Personal Information Errors: sometimes your name, social security number, date of birth and address are not accurately reporting, when this happens it is important to correct the inaccuracies by disputing them with the credit bureaus.
- Late Payments: Late for credit reporting purposes is 30+ days late. Wondering if you can fix your late payments? We can help, and usually there are other things you can do to improve your credit too!
- Collection & Charge Off Accounts: Before you use credit repair to dispute collections ask yourself "Do I still owe the debt collector money?" If you have paid the debt, but the account is still showing that you owe it, then credit repair may be right for you. But, if you haven't paid or you are unsure if you owe the debt, then credit repair is probably not going to fix your problem- instead you may need Debt Consolidation or Bankruptcy.
- Rolling Late Payments: did you apply for a loan modification but your mortgage payment history says you are late every single month? We can answer your questions, review your documents, and give you options for moving forward.
- Mortgage Deficiency Balances: did you lose a home to a short sale or foreclosure but your second mortgage is still reporting a balance due? We can help. Sometimes you owe it, sometimes you don't- either way we can help you reach a resolution.
- Zombie Foreclosures: did you include your mortgage in your bankruptcy but the bank has not foreclosed yet? We can help assess your situation and determine the best course of action to get closure.
How long does credit repair take?
It depends on how complicated the legal issue is, but it can take as little as 3 months or even a year, and in some cases you may even have to Sue!
How much does it cost?
It depends on what you need, but if you have engaged our firm for debt consolidation or bankruptcy it is included for free, otherwise, we charge a flat rate with a payment plan to fit your budget.
How much will my credit improve?
It depends on what your score was when you started. Our goal is to get everyone above 680 and we set goals and plans of attack to reach milestones along the way. For instance, if your credit score is below 500, our initial goal for you is 580, once you reach that we aim for 640, then 680, then 700+. Reaching these mini goals is critical to getting to the next level. But remember, we can only do so much, and we cannot control things like late payments and new collections - these things drastically hurt your credit score. But to prevent these setbacks, we also offer Credit Counseling for free to all our clients.
Want to book a consult and find out what we can do for you? It's only $25 and a click away